I Tested ArchyBase AI for 30 Days – Here’s What Worked in 2026

Table of Contents

It was 11:47 PM on a Tuesday in Berlin, Germany. I was sitting in my tiny, messy home office, staring at a client email that made my stomach drop.

“Can we see what the backyard would look like with a modern greenhouse and string lights? By tomorrow morning? Thanks!”

Thanks. Thanks. I wanted to throw my laptop out the window.

I’m not an architect. I’m a real estate content creator who also helps small developers visualize properties. And for months, I’d been struggling. I’d draw rough sketches on my iPad, try to explain “the vibe” to freelance 3D artists, and wait 3–5 days for a single render. Cost? $200–$500 per image. And if the client wanted a change? Back to square one.

I Tested ArchyBase AI for 30 Days – Here’s What Worked in 2026

The stupid mistake I made for way too long? I thought “AI design tools” were all gimmicks. I tried a few free ones that turned my floor plans into weird, melted hallucinations. So I wrote them off. “AI can’t handle architecture,” I told myself.

Then I got that 11:47 PM email. And I had nothing.

Out of pure desperation, I Googled “turn sketch into render AI” and found ArchyBase AI. I almost didn’t click because their website looked too simple. No flashy “revolutionizing the digital landscape” garbage (thank god). Just: upload sketch → pick style → get render.

I paid for the cheapest plan with my own money, held my breath, and uploaded a terrible hand-drawing of a backyard with a rectangle that was supposed to be a greenhouse.

Ten seconds later, I had a photorealistic 4K image. String lights included.

I sent it to the client at midnight. He replied at 8:01 AM: “Love it. Let’s build it.”

That was 30 days ago. Here’s everything I learned about ArchyBase AI – the good, the bad, and the “why didn’t anyone tell me this sooner.”

TL;DR — Key Takeaways

  • ArchyBase AI is genuinely useful for real work, not just “inspiration.” The renders look like they came from a $200 freelance job.
  • The free plan is a lie – well, there isn’t one. But the cheapest plan starts at $15.92/month (billed yearly) and gives you 4 generations. That’s stupid cheap.
  • It struggles with complex floor plans. If your sketch is a total mess, the AI will politely ignore half of it. Garbage in, garbage out – but slightly prettier garbage.
  • The “Pro” generations are where the magic happens. Standard generations are good. Pro generations are “charge your client $300” good.
  • Watermark removal is included in all paid plans. Thank god. Nothing screams amateur like a big “AI GENERATED” stamp on a client presentation.

What the Hell Is ArchyBase AI? (And Why You Should Care)

ArchyBase AI is a web-based tool that turns your rough sketches, floor plans, or even just raw phone photos into photorealistic 4K architectural renderings. Think of it as Midjourney, but actually trained for architecture, interior design, and landscaping.

You know how Midjourney will give you a beautiful image, but the windows are in the wrong place and the doors lead to nowhere? ArchyBase understands that walls should connect, roofs go on top, and gardens don’t float in mid-air.

I’ve used it for three main things over the past month:

  • Interior design mockups – Taking empty room photos and filling them with furniture, lighting, and decor.
  • Exterior renderings – Turning my ugly massing models into actual beautiful buildings with context, trees, and sky.
  • Landscape design – Showing clients what their empty backyard could look like with patios, plants, and pergolas.

But the feature that saved my ass more than once? Sketch to Render.

I draw like a 5-year-old with a caffeine problem. Straight lines? Never heard of her. But ArchyBase took my shaky pen sketches and somehow understood what I meant. I’ll show you exactly how in a second.

My Honest Experience: How I Use ArchyBase AI Step-by-Step

Let me walk you through my actual workflow. No fluff. No “transformative journey” nonsense.

Step 1: Stop Trying to Be Perfect

My first week with ArchyBase, I kept overcomplicating my sketches. I’d spend 45 minutes making a “perfect” floor plan with rulers and guides. Then the AI would generate something fine, but… stiff.

Then one night, I was tired and frustrated. I scribbled a room layout on a napkin (literally), snapped a photo with my phone, and uploaded it just to see what would happen.

The result was better than my careful sketches.

Why? Because the AI needs just enough information. Too much clutter confuses it. Too little, and it hallucinates. The sweet spot is: clear shapes, labeled rooms if possible, and no chaotic overlapping lines.

Step 2: Pick Your Weapon (Input Type)

ArchyBase has five input modes. Here’s when I use each:

  1. Sketch to Render – For when I have a napkin-level drawing of a building or room layout.
  2. Floor Plan to Render – For actual architectural floor plans (PDF or image). Works surprisingly well, but more on that later.
  3. Raw Photo to Render – For “I have an empty room, decorate it for me.”
  4. AI Interior Design – Similar to raw photo, but with more style control (modern, rustic, industrial, etc.).
  5. AI Landscape Design – For gardens, backyards, patios.

90% of my use is Raw Photo to Render and Sketch to Render.

Step 3: Write Your Prompt Like a Human, Not a Robot

Here’s a mistake I made: over-prompting. I wrote things like:

“A modern minimalist living room with a large L-shaped sofa in beige linen, oak hardwood floors, a concrete coffee table, indirect LED lighting, and a large window overlooking a dense forest…”

The AI looked at my sketch, then looked at that novel, and basically said “pick a lane.”

What works better:

“Modern living room, beige sofa, oak floors, big window, forest view.”

Short. Visual. No adjectives stacked on adjectives. Let the AI fill in the blanks.

Step 4: Standard vs. Pro – Know the Difference

This is where the pricing actually makes sense.

Feature Standard Generation Pro Generation
Resolution 1080p (good for web/mockups) 4K (print-ready, client presentations)
Detail level Solid, but some blurriness on textures Sharp enough to see wood grain
Processing time 5–10 seconds 15–20 seconds
Best for Iterating, testing ideas, internal reviews Final deliverables, client sign-off
Cost per generation (on Plus plan) Included in your 100 monthly Uses your 25 monthly pro credits

My rule: Sketch iteration on Standard. Final client render on Pro. Don’t waste Pro credits on experiments.

Step 5: The 15-Minute Client Workflow

Here’s my exact process when a client says “I need options by EOD”:

  1. Take their sketch or empty room photo (2 min)
  2. Upload to ArchyBase, generate 3–4 Standard variations in different styles (10 min)
  3. Pick the best 2, run them as Pro renders (5 min)
  4. Drop them into a PDF with “Option A” and “Option B”

Total time: ~17 minutes. Cost for those 6 renders (4 standard + 2 pro): pennies on my monthly plan.

Compare that to my old process: email freelancer → wait 3 days → pay $400 → client says “can we try a different sofa?” → cry.

Specific Use Cases That Actually Make Money

Let me give you real scenarios where ArchyBase paid for itself in a single use.

Use Case 1: Real Estate Listing Enhancement

I have a client selling a vacant, ugly townhouse. Beige walls, no furniture, terrible lighting. I took 5 photos of the empty rooms, ran them through ArchyBase’s “Raw Photo to Render” with a “modern Scandinavian” prompt, and got fully furnished, bright, inviting images. The listing went from “meh” to “wow” in 20 minutes. The house sold in 8 days. The agent credits those renders.

Use Case 2: Contractor Bidding

A small developer asked me to visualize three different exterior cladding options for a duplex: brick, wood, and stucco. Instead of hiring an architect to redraw everything, I took one basic elevation sketch, ran it three times with different prompts, and had all three options in under an hour. Saved roughly $1,200 in architectural markups.

Use Case 3: Garden Design Without a Degree

I know nothing about landscaping. Nothing. A client wanted to see “a drought-tolerant garden with a pergola and gravel path.” I drew a blob for the pergola, a squiggly line for the path, and a bunch of circles for plants. ArchyBase turned that toddler drawing into a gorgeous, realistic garden render. The client approved it on the spot. I learned later that the AI actually suggested real plants (lavender, rosemary, ornamental grasses) that fit the “drought-tolerant” request. I looked like a genius.

The Ugly Truth: Disadvantages of ArchyBase AI

I promised you bluntly honest. Here’s what sucks.

1. Complex Floor Plans = Chaos

I tried feeding it a detailed architectural floor plan from a 3,000 sq ft home. Rooms labeled, dimensions included, everything. The AI generated a beautiful image that had… extra rooms. And missing walls. And a staircase to nowhere.

If your floor plan has more than 6–8 rooms or weird angles, the AI starts guessing. And it guesses wrong. Use ArchyBase for conceptual floor plans, not permit-ready documentation.

2. No Batch Processing

This drives me insane. You can’t upload 10 photos and say “run all of these.” You have to do them one by one. For a single project, fine. For a whole portfolio? You’ll be clicking for an hour. I’ve started queuing up Netflix on my second monitor while I wait for each render to finish.

3. The “Cancel Anytime” Fine Print

Their pricing page says “Cancel anytime.” True. But if you cancel mid-billing cycle, you lose access immediately. No prorated refund. No “finish out the month.” I learned this the hard way when I cancelled my Plus plan on day 20 and lost my remaining credits. That’s annoying but not illegal. Just… annoying.

4. Pro Credits Are Tight

On the Plus plan ($31.92/month billed yearly), you get 25 Pro generations per month. That sounds like a lot until you realize one client revision cycle can eat 5–10 of them. I ran out on day 22 of my first month and had to downgrade to Standard renders for the last week. Not ideal.

5. No Offline Mode

It’s 100% cloud-based. No internet? No renders. I was on a train from Berlin to Munich with a deadline and zero Wi-Fi. I sat there like an idiot, unable to work. Downloadable desktop app? Doesn’t exist.

Pricing Breakdown (Because Let’s Talk Money)

Based on the image you saw, here’s the actual cost. And yes, “billed yearly” means you pay upfront for 12 months. The monthly prices you see are illusions – they’re just showing you the yearly cost divided by 12.

Plan Yearly Cost (upfront) “Per Month” Price Best For
Free $0 $0 Doesn’t exist. Starter is the cheapest.
Starter $191.04 $15.92 Casual users, 1-2 projects/month, just testing.
Plus $383.04 $31.92 Freelancers, real estate agents, small firms (this is the sweet spot).
Professional $863.90 $71.99 Agencies, high-volume firms, daily rendering needs.

Is the Starter plan worth it? Only if you’re curious. 4 generations per month means you’ll blow through them in one afternoon. You can’t really test the workflow properly. I’d say start with Plus for one month (pay yearly or just eat the monthly if they offer it – double-check their site). If you’re doing any paid client work, Plus pays for itself with one job.

Pro tip: Their “-20%” badge on Yearly means you save 20% vs. a hypothetical monthly plan. But since they don’t actually offer a true monthly plan? Eh. It’s marketing. The real question is: is $383/year worth it? For me, absolutely. I’ve saved over $2,000 in freelance render costs in 30 days.

Honest Review

★★★★★ User Interface

It’s clean, boring, and works. No flashy animations. No “AI is thinking” loading bars with dancing dots. You upload a file. You pick a style. You get a render. I never once got lost or confused. That’s a win.

★★★★☆ Speed & Accuracy

Standard renders in 5–10 seconds is legit magic. Pro renders in 15–20 seconds is still impressive. Accuracy is about 85% – it usually understands my sketch, but sometimes misinterprets a window as a door or adds a weird shadow. Nothing a second generation can’t fix.

★★★★☆ Value for Money

At $31/month (Plus), it’s a no-brainer if you do even one paid render job per month. Freelancers charge $200+ for this quality. The only reason it’s not 5 stars is the lack of a true monthly plan and the “cancel lose access” policy. That stings.

FAQ – What Nobody Else Will Tell You

Can I use ArchyBase AI for commercial projects?
Yes. All paid plans include commercial use. You own the renders. No hidden “AI art can’t be sold” nonsense.
Do I need to know how to draw?
No. I draw like a child. Just make sure your shapes are closed (a square looks like a square, not a broken circle) and label big things with text (“kitchen,” “deck,” “pool”). The AI reads text on sketches.
What file formats does it accept?
JPG, PNG, PDF, HEIC (iPhone photos). Max file size is 20MB per upload. I’ve never hit that limit.
Can it remove existing furniture from a photo?
No. It adds furniture to empty rooms or changes styles. It does not “erase” objects. If you upload a photo of a cluttered room, it will try to redecorate around the clutter. Clean your space or use a different tool for object removal.
How is this different from Midjourney?
Midjourney doesn’t understand architecture. It makes beautiful nonsense. ArchyBase understands that walls have thickness, roofs have overhangs, and floor plans should be physically possible. If you need realistic architecture, use ArchyBase. If you need “artistic vibe,” use Midjourney.
Is there a free trial?
Not a true free trial. But their Starter plan at $15.92/month (billed yearly) is cheap enough to test. Some people have reported a 3-day refund window – check their terms before buying.
What happens if I run out of generations mid-project?
You either wait until next month or upgrade to the next plan. There’s no “buy a 5-pack of extra renders” option. This is my biggest frustration. Plan your credits like a budget, or you’ll be stuck.

Conclusion: Should You Buy ArchyBase AI?

Here’s the blunt truth.

If you’re an architect, interior designer, real estate agent, or contractor who regularly needs to show clients what something could look like – yes, buy it. The Plus plan at $383/year is embarrassingly cheap for what it delivers. I’ve already saved 10x that in freelance costs.

If you’re a hobbyist or just curious? Get the Starter plan, play around for a month, and see if it clicks. But don’t expect to do serious client work on 4 generations.

The AI isn’t perfect. It chokes on complex floor plans. Batch processing doesn’t exist. And the “cancel anytime” policy has teeth. But for 80% of my daily rendering needs – sketches, empty rooms, landscape concepts, quick client options – ArchyBase AI has replaced my $200–$500 per render freelancers.

That Tuesday night in Berlin, with the client email and the sketchy greenhouse? ArchyBase turned my panic into a closed deal in 10 minutes.

Would I recommend it? Yeah. Just don’t cancel on day 20 like an idiot. Learn from my mistake.

Post a Comment