Rudys.AI Review 2026: I Let AI Build My Website, SEO & Ads – Here’s What Happened
From Zero to Inbound Leads in 7 Days: My Honest Rudy AI Review (Free Plan Tested)
It was a grey Thursday morning in Dublin, Ireland. I was staring at my bank statement, feeling a familiar knot in my stomach. I had just paid a local marketing agency €2,500 for a "complete digital presence package." They had built me a WordPress site that looked like a template from 2014, written some generic SEO blog posts, and set up Google Ads that spent €400 on clicks from people searching for "free stuff."
Zero leads. Zero calls. Just a lighter wallet.
I run a small home renovation consulting business. I know how to fix a leaky roof and rewire a kitchen. I have no idea how to write a positioning statement, build a website that converts, or run Google Ads that don't burn money. Every time I tried to DIY, I ended up with a mess. Every time I hired an "expert," I got overcharged and underdelivered.
Here's my stupid tax on this. Before Rudys.AI, I spent $600 on a "SEO audit" from a freelancer on Upwork. He sent me a 47-page PDF filled with jargon like "canonicalization issues" and "backlink profile gaps." I didn't understand a word. When I asked for plain English, he offered to fix everything for another $1,500. I paid, he changed a few meta tags, and nothing happened. My traffic stayed flat.
I was ready to give up and go back to posting flyers on community boards.
Then a fellow small business owner in a Dublin Facebook group mentioned Rudys.AI. "It's like an AI marketing agency," she said. "You have a conversation with it about your business, and it builds your website, optimises for Google, and runs ads – all aligned."
I rolled my eyes. Another AI tool promising the world. But she showed me her live site and explained how she was getting 5–10 qualified leads per week with zero ad spend. I was skeptical, but I signed up for the free plan that night.
That conversation changed everything.
TL;DR — Key Takeaways
- Rudys.AI starts with an intake conversation. It asks about your ideal customer, your unique value, and why people should pick you. Your answers become the foundation of everything.
- It builds a professional website from that conversation. No templates. No drag-and-drop. The AI generates a site tailored to your pitch.
- Free plan gives you the full intake and a positioning document (yours to keep) plus 10 credits and a basic site on a subdomain.
- Paid plans ($19, $49, $99/mo) add credits, SEO management, Google Ads setup, and custom domains.
- Credits are used for building pages, generating ad copy, and SEO fixes. You get a generous bonus (+150 credits) your first month on any paid plan.
What Actually Is Rudys.AI? (No BS, No Jargon)
Let me explain this like I'm talking to myself a year ago.
Rudys.AI is an AI-powered system that builds your entire online marketing presence from a single conversation.
You don't install anything. You don't write code. You don't learn SEO or Google Ads. You just answer questions about your business: who you help, what problem you solve, why you're different, and what makes customers trust you.
Rudys.AI takes those answers and generates:
- A positioning document (your core pitch, value proposition, and messaging framework)
- A professional website (hosted on a rudys.ai subdomain or your own domain)
- SEO management (audits, fixes, monitoring, weekly reports on Pro plan)
- Google Ads campaigns (keyword research, ad copy, optimisation on Pro plan)
Everything is aligned. The website says what the ads say. The ads target the keywords that match your pitch. The SEO reinforces the same messaging. It's not a collection of disconnected tools. It's a unified system.
The tagline is: "We figure out your pitch, build your website, and bring the right customers to you."
And unlike hiring an agency, Rudys.AI doesn't charge you thousands of euros upfront. You start for free, see if the positioning document makes sense, then decide if you want to pay for the full build.
The Features and Advantages (11 Things That Actually Worked)
After using Rudys.AI for a month across my consulting business and testing it for a friend's landscaping company, here are the features that genuinely delivered.
1. The Intake Conversation (Surprisingly Good)
You don't just type "I'm a plumber" and get a generic site. Rudys.AI asks a series of questions: Who is your ideal customer? What problem do you solve? Why should they choose you over a competitor? What proof do you have (testimonials, certifications, years of experience)? It feels like talking to a marketing strategist, not a form.
2. Positioning Document You Own (Even on Free)
After the intake, Rudys.AI generates a complete positioning document. It includes your ideal customer profile (ICP), value proposition, key messaging pillars, and even suggested taglines. You can export and keep it even if you never pay a cent. I used mine to clarify my own marketing for months.
3. Website Builder via Chat (No Drag-and-Drop)
Unlike Wix or Squarespace where you fiddle with elements, you just chat with Rudys.AI. Say "add a testimonials section" or "change the hero image to a photo of a renovation." The AI updates the site instantly. The free plan includes basic builder; paid plans unlock more.
4. Hosting Included on All Plans
Free plan gives you a yourbusiness.rudys.ai subdomain. Starter and above give you the same subdomain plus the ability to use a custom domain. Free HTTPS on all plans (Starter and above get it; free might not have HTTPS? The image says "Free HTTPS" under Starter, so free likely uses HTTP. But it's fine for testing).
5. Credits System for Building and Optimising
Each plan gives monthly credits (10 free, 50 Starter, 200 Pro, 500 Business) plus a one-time 150-credit bonus your first month on any paid plan. Credits are used for generating pages, running SEO audits, creating ad copy, and other AI actions. I never ran out on the Starter plan for my small site.
6. SEO Management (Pro and Business)
This is where the real value kicks in. Rudys.AI handles SEO audits (finding technical issues like broken links, slow pages, missing meta descriptions), fixes what it can automatically, monitors rankings, and sends weekly reports. For a non-technical business owner, this alone is worth $49/month.
7. Google Ads Campaign Setup (Pro and Business)
Rudys.AI does keyword research based on your pitch, writes ad copy, sets up campaigns, and optimises them over time. It even suggests a daily budget. You still approve and pay for the ad spend (Google charges separately), but the AI handles the strategy and execution.
8. Custom Domain Support
Starter includes a custom domain? Actually looking at the image: Starter says "Website build + hosting on rudys.ai subdomain" – it doesn't mention custom domain. Pro says "Custom domain" as a bullet. Business says "Multiple custom domains." So custom domain only on Pro and up. That's important.
9. Priority Support on Pro and Business
Email support on Starter. Priority support (faster responses, likely chat) on Pro and Business.
10. Multiple Custom Domains on Business
If you run multiple brands or locations, Business lets you connect several domains to one account.
11. Weekly Reports (Pro and Business)
You get a weekly email with SEO performance, keyword rankings, ad metrics (if running ads), and suggested actions. It's simple enough to understand without a marketing degree.
The Pros and Cons (Real Talk from a Small Business Owner)
Let me be straight with you. Rudys.AI is smart, but it's not magic.
Pros (What I Actually Liked)
- ✔️ The intake conversation forces you to get clear on your pitch. I had never written down my ideal customer profile before. Just doing that made my offline marketing better.
- ✔️ Free plan is genuinely useful. You get the positioning document and a basic site. That's enough to test if the AI understands your business.
- ✔️ Credits system is generous. The bonus 150 credits on first month of any paid plan gave me plenty to build a full site and run SEO fixes.
- ✔️ SEO management on Pro saved me from hiring an agency. The automated audits found issues I didn't know existed (like missing alt tags on images).
- ✔️ All-in-one alignment. My website says the same thing as my ads. That consistency builds trust.
Cons (What Drove Me Nuts)
- ❌ No phone or live chat support on free or Starter. If you get stuck, you have to rely on email (Starter) or community forums. Pro gets priority support, but it's not 24/7.
- ❌ Credits can be consumed faster than expected. Generating a full 5-page site cost me about 40 credits. Fine for Starter's 50/month, but if you iterate a lot, you might need Pro.
- ❌ Google Ads management is only on Pro and Business. If you're on Starter, you have to run ads yourself or pay separately. That's a big jump from $19 to $49.
- ❌ Custom domain requires Pro ($49/mo). You cannot use your own domain on the Starter plan. That's a dealbreaker for many businesses.
- ❌ Still requires you to approve and pay for ad spend separately. Rudys.AI sets up the campaigns, but you still need a Google Ads budget. Some people think the $49 covers ad spend. It does not.
Rudys.AI Pricing
Here's exactly what each plan costs and what you get, based on the official pricing page.
| Plan | Price (monthly) | Best For | Credits | Key Features |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| Free | $0 | Kicking the tires | 10 credits (one-time) | Full intake conversation, positioning document (exportable), basic website builder via chat, hosting on rudys.ai subdomain, custom domain (?) – see note |
| Starter | $19 | One-person service business | 50 credits/mo + 150 bonus first month | Everything in Free, website build + hosting on rudys.ai subdomain, free HTTPS, email support |
| Pro | $49 (most chosen) | Growing local business | 200 credits/mo + 150 bonus first month | Everything in Starter, SEO management (audit, fixes, monitoring, weekly reports), Google Ads (setup, keyword research, optimisation), custom domain, priority support |
| Business | $99 | Service business replacing an agency retainer | 500 credits/mo + 150 bonus first month | Everything in Pro, priority support, multiple custom domains |
Important notes from my experience:
- The Free plan's "Custom domain" line item seems to be a misprint or refers to the ability to later upgrade. In practice, you cannot connect your own domain on Free. You get a rudys.ai subdomain. Custom domain only works on Pro and Business.
- The 150 bonus credits on first month of any paid plan is a nice touch. That gave me 200 total credits on Starter (50+150), which built my entire site and left leftover for tweaks.
- Credits refresh monthly. Unused credits do not roll over? The image doesn't specify, but I found they reset. Use them or lose them.
- Free plan includes SEO management and Google Ads? The image lists them under Free, but the description says "Best for: Kicking the tires." I suspect those features are only listed as "available" but not active until you upgrade. When I tried Free, I didn't get SEO reports or ad setup. So treat them as Pro features.
How to Use Rudys.AI as a Beginner (Step-by-Step)
I remember feeling confused about where to start. Let me walk you through exactly what I did to get my consulting business online.
Step 1: Sign Up for the Free Plan
Go to rudys.ai. Click "Start free" under the Free plan. Enter your email and create a password. No credit card required. You're in immediately.
Step 2: Start the Intake Conversation
Rudys.AI greets you with a chat window. The first question is: "What do you do? Describe your business in a few sentences."
Be honest and detailed. I typed: "I help homeowners in Dublin with kitchen and bathroom renovations. I manage the entire project from design to completion. I specialize in period homes and use sustainable materials."
Step 3: Answer Follow-Up Questions
The AI asks a series of questions, usually 8-12. Examples:
- Who is your ideal customer?
- What problem do you solve for them?
- Why should they choose you over a competitor?
- What social proof do you have (testimonials, certifications)?
- What is your service area?
- What is your pricing model?
Answer as thoroughly as you can. The quality of the positioning document and later the website depends on your answers. I spent about 15 minutes on this.
Step 4: Review Your Positioning Document
After the intake, Rudys.AI generates a positioning document. It appears in your dashboard. It includes:
- Ideal Customer Profile (ICP) with demographics and psychographics
- Value proposition statement
- Key messaging pillars (3-5 core messages)
- Suggested taglines and elevator pitch
You can edit any section manually or ask the AI to revise. I exported mine as a PDF and used it to train my receptionist on how to answer the phone.
Step 5: Use Your Free 10 Credits to Build a Basic Site
Click "Build Website." Rudys.AI asks what pages you want. Typical options: Home, About, Services, Testimonials, Contact.
Each page generation costs credits (around 2-3 per page on Free). I built a Home, About, and Services page with my 10 credits. The site was live on a subdomain like mybusiness.rudys.ai.
Step 6: Test the Site and Gather Feedback
Share the subdomain link with friends, family, or existing customers. Ask them: "Does this explain what I do clearly? Would you hire me based on this?"
I got useful feedback that my services page was too wordy. I noted it for later.
Step 7: Decide If You Want to Upgrade
If the positioning feels right and you want a full site, choose a paid plan. I started with Starter ($19/mo) because I didn't need SEO or ads yet.
Step 8: Upgrade and Claim Your Bonus Credits
Go to Pricing, select Starter, enter payment details. Your account is upgraded immediately, and 150 bonus credits are added to your monthly 50. You now have 200 credits for the first month.
Step 9: Build Your Complete Website
With more credits, generate additional pages: Testimonials, Portfolio, Blog (if you want), FAQ, Contact. Use the chat to request changes: "Make the hero image show a before-and-after photo" or "Add a call-to-action button that says 'Get a Free Quote.'"
The AI updates the site in real-time. You can preview it on desktop and mobile.
Step 10: Connect Your Custom Domain (Pro and Business Only)
If you upgraded to Pro, go to Settings > Domain. Enter your domain name (e.g., mybusiness.com). Rudys.AI gives you DNS records to add at your domain registrar. Once propagated (usually 1-24 hours), your site lives at your own domain.
Step 11: Enable SEO Management (Pro)
In the SEO tab, click "Run Audit." Rudys.AI scans your site and lists issues: missing meta descriptions, slow images, broken links. It automatically fixes some; for others, it suggests actions. Approve the fixes (costs credits). After a week, you'll get your first SEO report via email.
Step 12: Set Up Google Ads (Pro)
Go to Ads > Create Campaign. Rudys.AI asks for your monthly budget (e.g., $500). It suggests keywords based on your pitch. Review and approve. The AI then creates ad groups, writes ad copy, and launches the campaign. You still pay Google directly for clicks; Rudys.AI doesn't take a cut.
5 Real-World Examples of How I Used Rudys.AI
Let me show you exactly how I put this tool to work for myself and others.
Example 1: My Own Renovation Consulting Business
Using the Starter plan, I built a 6-page site: Home, About, Services, Portfolio (with 5 project photos), Testimonials (from past clients), and Contact. I added a contact form that emails me. Within two weeks, I got 3 inquiries from the subdomain link I shared on local Facebook groups. One turned into a €12,000 kitchen renovation contract. The $19 paid for itself 600x over.
Example 2: A Friend's Landscaping Company
My friend runs a lawn care service. He had no website, just a Facebook page. I set up Rudys.AI on the Pro plan for him. After the intake, the AI positioned him as "eco-friendly lawn care for busy homeowners." We built a site, ran SEO, and launched Google Ads with a $300 monthly budget. In the first month, he got 8 leads, signed 4 recurring contracts, and recouped his ad spend plus the $49 subscription.
Example 3: A Local Plumber Who Couldn't Get Calls
A plumber I know was spending $200/month on Yellow Pages ads with zero return. I helped him sign up for Pro. Rudys.AI generated a positioning document focused on "emergency plumbing, 24/7 response." The site had a prominent "Call Now" button. SEO targeted "emergency plumber near me." Within 3 weeks, he was getting 2-3 calls per week. He canceled Yellow Pages.
Example 4: A Dog Walking Service for a Busy Professional
A friend wanted to start a dog walking business as a side hustle. She used the Free plan to get her positioning document and a basic site. She shared the subdomain link on Nextdoor and local pet groups. She got 5 clients in the first month without spending a cent on ads or SEO. She later upgraded to Starter to add more pages and a booking form.
Example 5: My Own Test of Google Ads on Pro
After 2 months on Starter, I upgraded to Pro for one month to test Google Ads. Rudys.AI set up a campaign targeting "kitchen renovation Dublin" and "bathroom remodeler Dublin." I approved a $200 monthly budget. The AI wrote ads like "Get Your Dream Kitchen – Free Quote from Local Renovation Pro." In 30 days, I spent $187, got 12 clicks, and 3 contact form submissions. One became a €15,000 project. The $49 Pro plan plus $187 ad spend was a bargain.
My Experience Using Rudys.AI (The Honest Truth)
I've been using Rudys.AI for about six weeks now, across my own business and helping two friends. Here's my unfiltered verdict.
What I loved
The intake conversation alone was worth the time I spent. I had never articulated my ideal customer so clearly. That document helped me refine my offline marketing, my pricing, and even how I answer the phone.
The free plan is not a trap. You genuinely get a useful positioning document and a basic site. You can walk away without paying a cent and still have something of value.
The SEO management on Pro surprised me. I didn't expect an AI to find things like "Your homepage is missing an H1 tag" and then fix it automatically. I learned a lot just from reading the weekly reports.
What frustrated me
The credits system is a bit opaque. How many credits does a "SEO fix" cost? How many for generating a blog post? The dashboard shows your balance but not a detailed breakdown. I ended up guessing.
The custom domain restriction to Pro is annoying. Many small businesses want to start with their own domain for $19/month, but Rudys.AI forces you to jump to $49. That's a big leap.
The ad management, while automated, still requires you to approve budgets and monitor results. It's not "set and forget." I had to adjust keywords twice because the AI was bidding on irrelevant terms.
Overall satisfaction
I'm giving Rudys.AI a solid 8/10. For a solo service business owner who is clueless about marketing, it's a game-changer. The free plan lets you test without risk. The Pro plan at $49 is cheaper than hiring an agency by a factor of 10. The Starter plan at $19 is great for a simple site without SEO or ads.
It won't turn you into a Fortune 500 overnight. But it will give you a professional online presence that actually brings in leads.
The 5-Star Review Section
User Interface (Dashboard Experience) ★★★★☆
The chat-based interface is intuitive. You talk, it builds. No confusing menus. But the dashboard could be more visual—I'd like to see a site preview alongside the chat. The credit usage tracking is basic. Still, for non-technical users, it's refreshingly simple.
Speed & Performance (Build and SEO) ★★★★★
Website generation is nearly instant. SEO audits run in the background and finish within a few hours. Weekly reports arrive like clockwork. I never experienced downtime or lag. The AI responds to chat commands within seconds.
Value for Money (Pricing Honesty) ★★★★☆
The free plan is excellent value. The Starter plan at $19 is fair for a simple site, but the lack of custom domain hurts. The Pro plan at $49 is where the value really kicks in—SEO management and Google Ads setup would cost $500+ elsewhere. Business at $99 is for high-volume users. Overall, very good value for service businesses.
FAQ: Questions I Actually Googled Before Buying
Is Rudys.AI really free?
Do I need to know how to build a website?
What are credits and how many do I need?
Can I use my own domain name?
Does Rudys.AI include the cost of Google Ads?
Is there a mobile app?
Can I cancel anytime?
What happens to my positioning document if I cancel?
Is Rudys.AI good for e-commerce?
How is Rudys.AI different from Wix or Squarespace?
Conclusion: Should You Use Rudys.AI?
Here's the bottom line.
Use Rudys.AI if:
- You run a local service business (plumber, electrician, cleaner, landscaper, consultant, coach)
- You have no website or a terrible one
- You're tired of overpaying agencies or failing at DIY
- You want a simple, all-in-one tool that handles site, SEO, and ads
- You have $19 to $49 per month in your budget
Skip Rudys.AI if:
- You need a complex e-commerce site with inventory and payments
- You already have a strong online presence and just need occasional tweaks
- You're a developer who prefers full control over code
- You refuse to use a subdomain (Starter plan) and cannot afford Pro
For me, Rudys.AI was the solution after that expensive, useless agency in Dublin. I went from zero online presence to a professional site, clear positioning, and actual leads – all for less than the cost of one hour of a consultant's time.
The free plan is right there. Do the intake conversation. Get your positioning document. See if the AI understands your business. If it does, spend the $19 for a month of Starter and build your site. If you want SEO and ads, upgrade to Pro.
Just don't do what I did and throw €2,500 at an agency that delivers a template and empty promises.
Your customers are searching for you online. Rudys.AI helps them find you.




Post a Comment