How I Escaped "Did You Know?" Hell: Using Globe Explorer AI to Find Actually Interesting Facts (2026)

Table of Contents

My Audience Was Bored of Cliched History Trivia Until I Used Globe Explorer to Find Niche Space Content

Let me be brutally honest with you. I run a mid-sized Instagram page called DailyCuriosity. Every morning at 8:05 AM, like clockwork, I post a "Did You Know?" fact to my 85,000 followers. For about 18 months, this worked beautifully. Engagement was decent. Comments were rolling in. People were tagging their friends.

Then, sometime in late 2025, the wheels fell off.

I was sitting in a tiny apartment in Lyon, France, on a gloomy February morning, scrolling through my analytics. My reach had dropped by 62% compared to the previous year. My saves were non-existent. And the comments? Mostly just "old" and "we already know this."

How I Escaped

The worst part? I couldn't blame them.

I had just posted a "Did You Know?" fact about how World War I soldiers once staged a spontaneous Christmas truce and played soccer together. It's a beautiful, heartwarming story. It's also been shared approximately fourteen million times on the internet. My audience was bored. I was bored.

But here's the trap I had fallen into. Every time I sat down to research new content, I'd end up on the same five websites. Listicles about "Amazing World War II Facts." Another article about "Strange Ancient Egyptian Beliefs." The same tired Wikipedia pages I had already scraped for ideas months ago.

I was stuck in what I now call the "Cliched Content Loop." And it was killing my page.

The real danger, which I didn't fully grasp at the time, is that this problem is like a slow, silent leak in your boat. You don't realize you're sinking until you're already underwater. If you ignore stale, repetitive topics as a content creator, you don't just lose engagement. You lose authority. The algorithms notice that people aren't sticking around to read your posts. They stop showing your content to new people. Your growth flatlines.

And in 2026, with AI content flooding every social platform, standing out with truly unique, weird, and wonderful facts is no longer a "nice to have." It's a survival mechanism.

TL;DR — Key Takeaways (Read These First)

  • The "WWII/Soccer Truce" fact has killed more engagement than you think. Relying on popular history snippets is a fast track to irrelevance. Your audience has seen them all before.
  • Traditional Google searches fail for unique niches. You just get the same top 10 results from major publishers. Real discovery requires a different approach.
  • Globe Explorer is not a search engine. It's a visual encyclopedia generator. You type in a broad topic, and it builds you a structured, Wikipedia-style page filled with sub-topics, images, and surprisingly deep niche categories.
  • I used it to find facts about an underwater "spacecraft graveyard" and a lake with no water. These got my highest engagement rates in two years.
  • The key is knowing how to ask. My exact prompt structure is below, and it works for any niche.

The Cause: How I Got Trapped in the "Cliched Content Loop"

Let me walk you through the exact thought process that kept me stuck for months.

I'd sit down with my laptop at Cafe Mokxa in Lyon, order a double espresso, and open my "Content Ideas" spreadsheet. I'd start by typing "Interesting did you know facts" into Google.

Here's what I'd get:

  • A list of "50 Did You Know Facts That Will Blow Your Mind." (All of which I had seen)
  • "Did You Know? The Great Wall of China is not visible from space." (Yes, it is. That's a myth. And I've seen it 500 times)
  • "Did you know an octopus has three hearts?" (Great fact. Also posted by literally every other animal page on Instagram)

I would then pivot to Reddit. I'd search in r/todayilearned or r/didyouknow. But those subreddits are massive. The top posts are always the same "crowd-pleasers" that have been upvoted a million times before. You don't find unique content there. You find popular content.

The cause of my problem was simple: I was fishing in a puddle that everyone else was also fishing in.

I was relying on the same few internet watering holes that millions of other content creators use. I wasn't discovering anything. I was just re-packaging what had already been successful elsewhere.

Why This Problem Is Dangerous (The Exaggerated Nightmare Scenario)

Let me paint you a worst-case picture. You decide it's fine. You keep posting the same recycled history facts and obvious animal trivia. "Did you know a group of flamingos is called a flamboyance?" (Yes, we know). "Did you know honey never spoils?" (We also know this).

Slowly, day by day, your audience starts to tune out.

Instagram's algorithm notices that when you post, people swipe away within two seconds. Your posts start getting shown to fewer and fewer of your own followers. Your engagement rate drops below 1%.

Then, the new people stop coming. Your page becomes a ghost town. You spend hours writing captions and finding images for an audience that has, for all intents and purposes, left the building.

Now, let's say you rely on this page for income. You have affiliate links. You have sponsored posts. Your income, which used to be a solid $3,000 - $5,000 a month, drops to $500.

Why? Because you couldn't be bothered to find a better way to generate topics. You let the "Cliched Content Loop" destroy everything you built. That's the real danger. It's not just about being boring. It's about losing your livelihood because you became irrelevant.

I'm not being dramatic. I saw this happen to three of my creator friends in 2025.

Searching for a Way Out: The Failed Solutions (Reddit, YouTube, Random Forums)

Desperate, I turned to the same places I always looked for answers.

Reddit (r/contentcreation & r/digitalmarketing)

The Advice: "Just repurpose old content. Not everyone has seen it." / "Use a content calendar template." / "Scroll through Quora."

Why It Failed: This advice treats the symptom, not the cause. Yes, I could repackage the same WWII truce story for the fourth time, but that's not fixing the boring content problem. It's just dressing up a corpse in a new hat. And scrolling through Quora gave me the same tired questions and answers I'd already mined.

YouTube (Those "Get Unlimited Content Ideas" Videos)

The Advice: "Just Google search operators. Use 'intitle:did you know'." / "Go to Wikipedia and click 'Random Article' until you find something good."

Why It Failed: Google search operators just brought me to the same blogspam listicles that were everywhere. And Wikipedia's "Random Article" button? I tried it. For an hour. I got articles on the mating habits of a specific type of fungus in New Zealand, a 14th-century Polish duke, and a chemical compound used in industrial lubricants. Not exactly "Did You Know?" material.

General Forums (Like Quora and Medium)

The Advice: "Write about what you're passionate about." / "Follow your curiosity."

Why It Failed: This is the worst kind of fluffy, non-answer advice. "Follow your curiosity" sounds nice, but it gives me zero actionable steps. My "curiosity" needed a tool. A lever. Something to help me find the interesting stuff in the first place.

I spent three weeks trying these methods. I got nothing usable. I was still stuck. My content calendar was still empty. And my bank account was starting to feel the pinch from falling engagement.

Trying AI Assistance (The Tool That Finally Worked: Globe Explorer)

I knew I needed to try something different. I had been hearing about "visual search engines" and "AI encyclopedias" for a few months, but I hadn't paid much attention.

Then, on a recommendation from a creator friend in Paris, I opened up Globe Explorer (explorer.globe.engineer). I didn't even know what it was supposed to do. I thought it was just another AI search engine like Perplexity.

I was wrong.

Globe Explorer isn't just a search engine. It's a tool that takes your query and builds a structured, visual, interactive topic page from scratch. It creates something that looks like a cross between a Wikipedia article, a Pinterest board, and a mind map.

Imagine typing in "World War II" and instead of getting a list of blue links, you get a page that visually breaks down the entire war into categories: "Causes," "Key Battles," "Political Leaders," "Espionage," "Technological Innovations," "Humanitarian Impact," "Art & Propaganda," and "Post-War Reconstruction." Each of those categories is then broken down into sub-categories. And EVERYTHING has an image attached.

It's like having a research assistant who works at the speed of light and has access to the entire internet's visual resources.

The Exact Prompt & Steps I Used

Here is exactly what I did, step by step. You can copy this process for any niche.

Step 1: Get General

I started broad. I went to Globe Explorer and typed in a general category:

Search Query: "Extreme geographic locations"

Globe Explorer generated a full page on this. It had sections like:

  • "Deepest Points on Earth" (Mariana Trench)
  • "Highest Points" (Mt. Everest, but also weird ones like Chimborazo's claim to fame)
  • "Most Isolated Points" (This is where it got good. I saw "Point Nemo" listed. I had never heard of it)
  • "Hottest Places" (Death Valley, Lut Desert)
  • "Coldest Inhabited Places" (Oymyakon, Russia)

I clicked on "Most Isolated Points." Globe Explorer generated a new sub-page just on that topic. This is the key feature: you can click on any tile to go deeper.

Step 2: Go Deep

On the "Most Isolated Points" page, I found a tile for Point Nemo. I clicked it. The page that loaded was incredible. It was a full visual encyclopedia entry on Point Nemo, complete with sub-sections on:

  • Its Geographic Coordinates
  • Why It's Called "Point Nemo" (Named after Captain Nemo from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, not a person)
  • The History of Its Discovery (A survey engineer named Hrvoje Lukatela calculated it in 1992 using a program called Hipparchus)
  • The Spacecraft Graveyard (This was my goldmine. NASA and other space agencies direct decommissioned satellites and space stations to crash here because it's the safest place on Earth)
  • The Nearest Humans (They're often astronauts on the ISS, not anyone on Earth)

Step 3: Find the "Hook"

Within the "Spacecraft Graveyard" section, I found a specific, jaw-dropping stat. Over 260 spacecraft have been intentionally crashed into this area over the past 45 years. This includes Russia's Mir space station.

I had my "Did You Know?" fact. And it wasn't about WWII. It wasn't about Cleopatra. It was something genuinely unique.

Step 4: Repeat for Space Niche

Emboldened, I switched gears to space exploration. I typed into Globe Explorer:

Search Query: "Recent exoplanet discoveries 2026"

I wanted something current. The results page was packed. It showed me the latest NASA data from the TESS (Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite). One fact immediately jumped out at me.

Globe Explorer's generated page included information that, as of early 2026, TESS had compiled a massive map with nearly 6,000 potential new worlds. This included over 5,000 candidate planets awaiting confirmation and about 700 confirmed exoplanets.

Another "Did You Know?" fact was born. And it was bleeding-edge science from this year, not a rehash of old history.

The Problem Was Completely Resolved (For Real)

I took these two facts and turned them into Instagram posts.

Post 1 (Point Nemo / Spacecraft Graveyard):
"Did you know there's a place on Earth called 'Point Nemo'? It's the most isolated spot on the planet. And NASA uses it as a graveyard to crash old space stations. Over 260 spacecraft are sitting at the bottom of the ocean there right now."
Result: 18,400 likes. 1,200 saves. 400+ comments. My best post in six months.

Post 2 (6,000 Exoplanets):
"Did you know? As of 2026, NASA's TESS telescope has identified nearly 6,000 worlds beyond our solar system. That includes over 5,000 potential planets waiting to be confirmed. Space isn't empty. It's crowded with possibilities."
Result: 12,500 likes. 800 saves. 300+ comments.

My engagement didn't just recover. It surged. My follower count started climbing again. Sponsored post inquiries came back into my inbox.

I solved my problem by replacing my broken "Google old facts" process with a new "Globe Explorer deep-dive" process. It took me less than two hours to find, research, and write both of those posts. Two hours for content that ended up being seen by over 200,000 people.

Because this worked so unbelievably well, I'm sharing this whole process with you. Do not let your content die. Do not let the algorithm bury you because you are too lazy to find better topics.

Here is a quick breakdown of what I used to use versus what I use now.

Aspect Old Method (Google & Wikipedia Surfing) New Method (Globe Explorer Deep-Dive)
Discovery Time 2–3 hours to find 1–2 decent topics 20–30 minutes to find 5+ unique topics
Fact Originality Low. Often rehashing viral content High. Often finds extremely niche subtopics
Visual Support I had to manually search for good images The page is built with high-quality images for every subtopic
Structuring Info I had to piece together information from 10+ tabs All relevant info is structured on one visual page
Final Outcome Stale posts, low engagement, plateaued growth Fresh posts, high engagement, growing audience

Honest Review

User Interface ★★★★☆ (4/5)

It's extremely clean, but it can be a little overwhelming when you first open it because there are so many images and tiles. It's not your typical white-and-blue search engine. However, after five minutes of clicking around, it becomes second nature. The ability to click on any tile to go deeper is pure genius.

Speed & Accuracy ★★★★☆ (4/5)

The page generation is nearly instantaneous. You type a topic, and within 3–5 seconds, you have a fully structured visual page. I knocked off one star because the AI isn't perfect. It will occasionally pick a slightly weird image for a subtopic (one search for "desert geoglyphs" showed me a photo of a completely unrelated crop circle). But the facts and structure are consistently solid.

Value for Money ★★★★★ (5/5)

There is a completely free tier that is absurdly generous. You don't even need to make an account. I used the free version for two weeks before upgrading. The free version alone solved my problem. The paid plans ($29/month for Starter, $79/month for Pro) unlock things like exporting to PDF and using more advanced AI models. For a professional creator, the Pro plan is a no-brainer. The ROI is insane.

FAQ (The Questions I Had to Figure Out Myself)

1. Do I need to know how to "prompt" like a programmer to use Globe Explorer?

No. Not at all. You literally type into a search box just like Google. The main difference is that you want to think in terms of topics or categories, not specific questions. Type "geographic anomalies" not "What is the weirdest lake in the world?" Let the AI build the page and then find the weird lake inside the page.

2. Can Globe Explorer help with video scripts, or just short "Did You Know?" facts?

Both. I've used it to research entire 8-minute YouTube scripts. The structured subtopics are perfect for creating video chapters. For example, if you type "The history of the Silk Road," Globe Explorer will give you sections on "Trade Goods," "Cultural Exchange," "Major Cities," and "Decline." Each section is a ready-made script segment.

3. I tried an AI search engine before and it gave me wrong information. Is this different?

Every AI tool can hallucinate (make things up). Globe Explorer is generally very good because it pulls from real web sources and cites them. But you should always fact-check the final fact you want to use. I use the page it builds as a roadmap, not as the final holy scripture. I then verify the specific stat (like the 260 spacecraft at Point Nemo) with a second source.

4. What's the difference between Globe Explorer and Perplexity AI?

Perplexity is better for answering specific questions ("What is the capital of Burkina Faso?"). Globe Explorer is better for exploring a broad category ("Tell me everything about space debris and where it ends up"). Globe Explorer gives you a visual map. Perplexity gives you a paragraph answer with footnotes. For content discovery, Globe Explorer is far superior.

5. Is this just for geography and space topics? What about other niches?

I've used it for everything. I typed in "Victorian era fashion trends" and got a goldmine of visuals and specific sub-trends like "crinolines" and "bustles." I typed in "unusual animal defense mechanisms" and got a list of 20+ weird animal facts I had never heard of. It works for any knowledge-based topic.

6. I'm a teacher. Can I use this to build lesson plans?

Absolutely. Several of my educator friends are now using this as their primary lesson planning tool. You type in "The French Revolution" and it gives you a complete visual outline of causes, key events, major figures, and aftermath. It saves hours of digging through textbooks.

7. Is there a mobile app?

As of 2026, there's no dedicated iOS or Android app. You have to use it in a web browser. The web version works perfectly on a phone, but it's best experienced on a laptop or desktop because of the visual layout.

The Bottom Line (Do This Today)

You are running out of content ideas not because you are "uncreative," but because you are using the wrong tools. Google and Reddit are designed to show you what is popular. They are not designed to show you what is unique.

The straightforward method to fix your "Did You Know?" content forever:

  1. Stop scrolling. Close Reddit. Close the listicle pages.
  2. Open Globe Explorer. Go to explorer.globe.engineer. (It's free. You don't need an account).
  3. Type in a broad category. Don't be specific. Type "extreme geography," "recent NASA discoveries," "weird animal adaptations," "unexplained historical artifacts." Think topic, not question.
  4. Click around. Click on tiles that look interesting. Go deeper and deeper until you find a specific, surprising fact.
  5. Verify the fact. Do a quick Google check on the one specific claim you want to make.
  6. Write your post. You now have a "Did You Know?" fact that 99% of your audience has never heard.

I was losing followers. I was bored of my own content. And I fixed it in less than a weekend using this tool. Your audience is starving for something fresh. Give it to them. Start exploring. Stop recycling.

Post a Comment